C&T Autumn 2021 Collection
If C&T was a season, it would be autumn! We love everything about it – fallen leaves on the forest floor, a troop of mushrooms around the base of a tree, the smell of a wax jacket and a soggy dog drying by a log fire… and of course, heaps of tweed, velvet and leather from Collar and Tweed.
This Autumn, we are introducing a very special leather – Olive Green Buttero leather from Walpier tannery in Italy. ‘Buttero’ is a 100% pure vegetable tanned leather that will patina over time, ageing gracefully throughout its life. Combined with the best tweed from the Isle of Harris, this collection has the best of autumn written all over it!
As always, our items are all made by hand, by us, direct to you. As a result, you can customise as follows:
- There is a choice of four tweed handles:
- Rivendell. A beautiful, soft Harris Tweed in green with subtle heather undertones.
- Lothlorien. A restful mustard green Harris Tweed, a real autumn forest colour.
- Dragon’s Breath. A splash or burnt orange Harris Tweed in herringbone.
- Fangorn Forest. Deep moss greens and browns with a shot of orange, all in an amazing Harris Tweed.
- You can also choose the colour of the leather loop around the tweed handle, from these options (see product images for labelled examples:
- Olive Green
- You can choose the colour of your stitching too, from:
- Adding Monogramming (e.g. your dog’s name, up to around 10-12 characters)
- We are pleased to offer the lead in two lengths, 3ft (around 90cm) or 4ft (120cm) for those of you who prefer a longer lead. Length includes handle and all hardware.
Please see our other listings for matching collars and cartridge bags.
Sizing of the lead is as follows:
- Small (5/8” width)
- Medium (3/4” width)
- Large (1” width)
- Available in two lengths, 3ft (around 92cm) or 4ft (120cm) for those of you who prefer a longer lead. Length includes handle and all hardware.
The lead is treated with a leather balm that aids its ability to repel water. This does not make the lead “waterproof”.
We therefore recommend removing the leather lead from the dog before swimming.
If the lead does become wet, remove it from the dog, allow it to dry slowly somewhere cool and dry. Wipe or brush dry to remove dog hair or dried dirt, then with a damp cloth to remove any residual dirt. Treat with a leather balm such as C&T Leather Balm to restore a balance of moisture and oils to the leather.
Swimming or immersion in water will shorten the life of the lead and may lead to it becoming marked or discoloured.
Periodically apply C&T Leather Balm by hand to keep the leather soft, moist and supple. Pay special attention to the cut edges of the leather. Applying balm regularly to these areas will help to prevent it drying out and absorbing water it comes into contact with.