C&T Winter 2020 Collection
At C&T, we love this time of year, when autumn slowly gives way winter. The leaves on the ground, the stormy skies and the cosy evenings by the fire have influenced the selection of tweeds and leather in the C&T Winter 2020 collection.
We usually like to visit the Highland and Islands of Scotland in winter, and in lieu of being able to visit in person, we are bringing you several Harris tweeds, from one of our favourite Hebridean haunts. These are being combined with a stunning full grain veg tan leather from Tuscany, Buttero Leather in Burgundy.
We hope you love it as much as we do!
As always, our items are all made by hand, by us, direct to you. As a result, you can customise as follows:
- Adding Monogramming (e.g. your dog’s name, up to around 10-12 characters)
- We are pleased to offer the collar in three widths and at a length designed to fit your dog perfectly!
- The stitching colour of the collar can be selected, to match the stitching on your ‘C&T Winter – Tweed and Leather Lead’ (either Light Tan or Navy).
Sizing of the collar is as follows:
- Small (5/8” width) – Around 8-12” Length (Small Breeds – Dachsund, Miniature Poodle, Cavalier King Charles)
- Medium (3/4” width) – Around 10-14” Length (Medium Breeds – Smaller Cocker Spaniels, Cockapoo)
- Large (1” width) – Around 12-18” Length (Larger Breeds – Larger Cocker Spaniels, Labs, Goldens)
Please specify the size of collar you require when you order. We make the collar to this size, and you have around an inch (25mm) of additional flexibility each side. If you have a growing dog, let us know; we will make it so that the smallest hole fits them now and they will have 2″+ of growth.
Measure your dog’s neck with a tape measure, and allow enough room to put a couple of fingers comfortably between the tape and your dog’s fur. Send us this measurement and we will make it to this size.
The collar is treated with a leather balm that aids its ability to repel water. This does not make the collar “waterproof”.
We therefore recommend removing the leather collar from the dog before swimming.
If the collar does become wet, remove it from the dog, allow it to dry slowly somewhere cool and dry. Wipe or brush dry to remove dog hair or dried dirt, then with a damp cloth to remove any residual dirt. Treat with a leather balm such as C&T Leather Balm to restore a balance of moisture and oils to the leather.
Swimming or immersion in water will shorten the life of the collar and may lead to it becoming marked or discoloured.
Periodically apply C&T Leather Balm by hand to keep the leather soft, moist and supple. Pay special attention to the cut edges of the leather. Applying balm regularly to these areas will help to prevent it drying out and absorbing water it comes into contact with.