C&T Heritage Collection
At C&T, part of the appeal of designing and making the products we sell, is the heritage. In the case of tweed and leather, both have formed part of our local and national history for centuries, and the products we make are a modern extension of a heritage that extends back in time. We have tried to use high-quality heritage materials, but with a modern twist.
We are excited to introduce a new leather from the Conceria-Walpier tannery in Tuscany, Italy. Using tannery expertise honed over more than 47 years experience, they have developed a beautiful, full-grain vegetable-tanned leather which will wear and patina beautifully over time. Less stiff and firm than some leathers, it is supple and soft with a resin coated reverse side for a smooth feel to the touch.
This leather is available in Whiskey as part of our “C&T Heritage” collection. Combined with our unique ‘C&T Heritage’ stamp and solid brass hardware, this is a beautiful, classic design with a modern feel.
As always, our items are all made by hand, by us, direct to you. As a result, you can customise as follows:
- Adding Monogramming (e.g. your dog’s name, up to around 10-12 characters)
- As standard the leather items are stamped with the C&T Heritage branding, but this can be left off as an option. It will also be omitted if you choose monogramming with your dog’s name.
- We are pleased to offer the collar in three widths and at a length designed to fit your dog perfectly!
Sizing of the collar is as follows:
- Small (5/8” width) – Around 8-12” Length (Small Breeds – Dachsund, Miniature Poodle, Cavalier King Charles)
- Medium (3/4” width) – Around 10-14” Length (Medium Breeds – Smaller Cocker Spaniels, Cockapoo)
- Large (1” width) – Around 12-18” Length (Larger Breeds – Larger Cocker Spaniels, Labs, Goldens)
Please specify the size of collar you require when you order. We make the collar to this size, and you have around an inch (25mm) of additional flexibility each side. If you have a growing dog, let us know; we will make it so that the smallest hole fits them now and they will have 2″+ of growth.
Measure your dog’s neck with a tape measure, and allow enough room to put a couple of fingers comfortably between the tape and your dog’s fur. Send us this measurement and we will make it to this size.
The collar is treated with a leather balm that aids its ability to repel water. This does not make the collar “waterproof”.
We therefore recommend removing the leather collar from the dog before swimming.
If the collar does become wet, remove it from the dog, allow it to dry slowly somewhere cool and dry. Wipe or brush dry to remove dog hair or dried dirt, then with a damp cloth to remove any residual dirt. Treat with a leather balm such as C&T Leather Balm to restore a balance of moisture and oils to the leather.
Swimming or immersion in water will shorten the life of the collar and may lead to it becoming marked or discoloured.
Periodically apply C&T Leather Balm by hand to keep the leather soft, moist and supple. Pay special attention to the cut edges of the leather. Applying balm regularly to these areas will help to prevent it drying out and absorbing water it comes into contact with.