C&T Winter 2021 Collection
For winter 2021, our mini collection features two of our favourite leathers…together. The stunning Olive Green and the rich Burgundy. Both are from Walpier tannery in Italy. ‘Buttero’ is a 100% pure vegetable tanned leather that will patina over time, ageing gracefully throughout its life. Perfect for those wintery walks on crisp clear mornings.
As always, our items are all made by hand, by us, direct to you. As a result, you can customise as follows:
- Lead Leather – Burgundy or Olive Green.
- Handle – Matching/Contrasting Burgundy or Olive Green leather or Tartan Check
- Stitching Colour
- Keeper Colour
- Adding Monogramming (e.g. your dog’s name, up to around 10-12 characters)
- We are pleased to offer the lead in two lengths, 3ft (around 90cm) or 4ft (120cm) for those of you who prefer a longer lead. Length includes handle and all hardware.
Please see our other listings for matching collars.
Sizing of the lead is as follows:
- Small (5/8” width)
- Medium (3/4” width)
- Large (1” width)
- Available in two lengths, 3ft (around 92cm) or 4ft (120cm) for those of you who prefer a longer lead. Length includes handle and all hardware. If the leather skin used is smaller than normal, the 4ft leads can sometimes be a little under 4ft total.
The lead is treated with a leather balm that aids its ability to repel water. This does not make the lead “waterproof”.
We therefore recommend removing the leather lead from the dog before swimming.
If the lead does become wet, remove it from the dog, allow it to dry slowly somewhere cool and dry. Wipe or brush dry to remove dog hair or dried dirt, then with a damp cloth to remove any residual dirt. Treat with a leather balm such as C&T Leather Balm to restore a balance of moisture and oils to the leather.
Swimming or immersion in water will shorten the life of the lead and may lead to it becoming marked or discoloured.
Periodically apply C&T Leather Balm by hand to keep the leather soft, moist and supple. Pay special attention to the cut edges of the leather. Applying balm regularly to these areas will help to prevent it drying out and absorbing water it comes into contact with.