The Grizedale Handmade Leather Wallet from Collar and Tweed. Ideal for carrying cards and some cash.
- Four internal pockets (approx 55 x 90 mm / 2” x 3 1/2 ”) – ideal for credit/debit cards or ID such as a driving licence, Each of these pockets will easily accommodate multiple cards, around five or six cards in each pocket, if you want!
- An external billfold pocket (approx 85 x 175mm / 3 1/2″ x 6 3/4″) – ideal for unfolded cash, and designed to easily accommodate a wad of UK notes!
About Our Designs
We want our wallets to last a lifetime. As a result, we have selected only the best leathers available to us. These include:
- Buttero: The most famous product from the well-known ‘Conceria Walpier’ tannery in Italy. Their tanning recipe has been improved over 45 years and reached perfection! This leather has a silky smooth touch with tight grain and dense structure. It is ‘aniline-dyed’, full-grain leather, which looks and smells amazing. It will patina and develop character straight away.
- Pueblo: A very special Italian full grain leather by the ‘Badalassi Carlo’ tannery, who have perfected their recipe over 60 years. Pueblo is dyed through, finished and then artistically buffed using a special machine that gives that rustic look. Pueblo leather has an amazing patina as it ages. Application of our leather balm will cause it to smooth as it wears too.
- Minerva Nofin: Another wonderful vacchetta from one of the best Italian tanners, the ‘Badalassi Carlo’ tannery. The real vacchetta is only made in Tuscany – the tradition extends back more than 60 years! This is the unfinished version of famous Minerva article – you can finish each leather by yourself however you want or just leave as it is and reach patina will develop quickly.
- Minerva Box: Vegetable tanned vacchetta leather from Italy, it is a full-grain leather and has supple character, medium to soft temper. This leather has a wonderful aniline finish without artificial covering that are sometimes used in lesser products to mask imperfections in the skins (e.g. pigments/films). This leather has the unique “box” embossed pattern which makes its grain constant throughout the whole skin area and gives a nice grain texture across the skin. It feels and smells amazing and ages beautifully as it is used.
If you want more information on the leathers, or some help choosing, just drop a message via our contact form, or via @candtphil on Instagram. We are always happy to chat about these amazing leathers!
We stitch each Grizedale handmade leather wallet using a proven heritage technique called “saddle stitching”. Saddle-stitched items are much stronger than “lock stitch” items produced on a sewing machine. A lock stitched item may start to come apart if the thread is broken in even just one place, whereas a single break in the thread will not usually allow a saddle-stitched item to come apart.
Treat the item periodically with a very small quantity of our C&T Leather Balm. Apply it to your hands as a thin film and rub it onto the leather to keep it moist and supple. Application of more than a very thin film of balm to the pueblo leather items is likely to smooth the leather into a less matt finish (which you may or may not want!)
If you spend >£75 on C&T Leather products, we will include a 50ml (full shoe polish size tin) of Leather Balm, as well as the 15ml sample we ship with each order.